All Collective Impact work requires a backbone agency – someone who can coordinate, facilitate, and drive the work, and The Connection fills this role for initiatives related to mental health and substance use in the tri-county area. As a backbone agency, the Connection’s mission is to lead the collaboration of community stakeholders to create and continuously improve an exceptional mental health system of care for Outagamie, Winnebago and Calumet Counties.
The core functions of The Connection include:
- Guiding vision and strategy by building a common understanding of the problem
- Supporting aligned activities by facilitating communication and collaboration
- Building public will to create a sense of urgency and articulate the call to action
- Establishing shared measurement practices
- Advancing and advocate for an aligned policy agenda
- Mobilizing funding to support our goals
The Connection also strives to ensure the five pillars of Collective Impact are firmly in place for all Intitiatives we are running. We are always interested in new ideas and projects that align with our mission and vision, so please CONTACT US if you would like to discuss!