Mental Health Job Openings
Position Title: Community Suicide Prevention Coordinator, Building Infrastructure and System Alignment for Adult Suicide Prevention
Reports to: N.E.W. Mental Health Connection Executive Director
Full-time, 1.0 FTE
|Education/Training:||Minimum bachelor’s degree in relevant field (mental health, social work, human services, healthcare, public health, leadership, project management) or equivalent work experience.|
|Experience:||Minimum of 3 years of successful project leadership in public setting, government, healthcare, or business. Experience in leadership, mental health, community organizing, policy/advocacy or non-profit management. Working knowledge of SAMHSA, SPRC, and Zero Suicide.|
|Knowledge and Skills:||Excellent written and verbal communication skills and public speaking. Ability to compile data and apply critical thinking skills to the role. Demonstrated leadership qualities, values oriented, and confident presentation style. Capable of leading a community-level project that works with a wide range of stakeholders.|
- Assist with Strategic Planning towards work plan.
- Work with the Zero Suicide Initiative and The Connection Executive Director to establish and execute work plan and strategy.
- Cultivate a collaborative environment in the Fox Cities which enables the attainment of our mission of “building infrastructure and system alignment for adult suicide prevention.”
- Lead fund raising efforts including both grants and donations, as needed.
- Prepare grant proposals for project funding, monitor/administrate secured grants (including data collection, written reports, interviews, and fiscal management of restricted funds in partnership with fiscal agent).
- Exemplifies, communicates and demonstrates the mission, role, philosophy and organizational values of The Connection and Employer.
- Responsible for the development and implementation of three-year work plan. Annually review the key elements and develops goals with appropriate action plans for future action.Maintain strong relationships with member organizations, state-county agencies, and community-based providers, health systems, academic institutions, consumers, law enforcement, schools, and other key stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance and leadership in the development of the community suicide prevention infrastructure, policy creation/revision, Adult Suicide Death Review process, annual reporting to community, community education and awareness.
- Mobilize, consult, and guide activities of the Zero Suicide Initiative, in partnership with ZS Chairs to assure success.
- Build capacity within engaged stakeholder agencies for policy, systems, environment change and quality improvement.
- Represent The Connection and act as liaison on designated committees related to suicide prevention.
- Actively participate in community, local, regional and national professional organizations to maintain a current knowledge of behavioral health and suicide care/prevention developments both locally and nationally.
- Complete related assignments as requested by The Connection Executive Director
- Supports and promotes the mission and strategic vision of The Connection and Employer.
- Supports and promotes The Connection and employer vision and values-based behaviors.
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Treats everyone with dignity and respect.
- Maintains a professional manner in conduct and appearance within The Connection and sponsored activities.
- Considers impact on all stakeholders in the decision-making process.
- Engages all stakeholders in the decision-making process.
- Effectively communicates verbally, non-verbally and in written form.
- Utilizes effective conflict resolution skills.
- Maintains a safe work environment.
- Prepares annual budget.
- Encourages quality of care/services provided in the Fox Cities Community and strives to continuously improve the service provided to customers.
- Promotes and supports change.
- Build and maintain relationships and interact with colleagues at all levels in the community.
- Serves as a resource to others.
- Shares knowledge and skills.
- Contributes to a supportive and healthy environment that is conducive to learning.
How to apply:
Please email your cover letter and resume to Bo Thao at firstname.lastname@example.org. For additional information about the position, feel free to email your inquiry to Beth Clay at email@example.com.