All initiatives of The Connection are centered on members collaborating to revolutionize mental health care in Northeast Wisconsin by driving innovative change to the system and addressing emerging needs. This work falls into five impact areas
- Prevention: address the social-emotional wellness of our community’s children, build resiliency among tri-county residents, adopt the Zero Suicide framework, screen early and across the lifespan
- Education: create strategic messaging in our community to break stigma and to build community understanding and awareness
- Access: enhance access to mental health services and resources for all in our community by addressing systemic barriers
- Workforce: identify and respond to service gaps; build a culturally competent, evidence-informed, high-quality mental health workforce; support the wellness and resiliency of our healthcare workers
- Advocacy: monitor and influence local, state, and national legislative issues and priorities in support of an improved mental health system for the people of Northeast Wisconsin
There are a variety of other ways to engage in the work, such as becoming a member of the Board of Directors, serving as a co-chair of an initiative, service on a standing committee, participating in work groups – especially those that align closely with your agency work, or volunteering your time for planning special events and activities.
If you have an idea for a systems-level initiative or would like to become more involved with The Connection, please CONTACT US.